Monday, June 15, 2009

What do I get my parents?!

I never know... Parents are hard to shop for. At least mine are. I can make something easier than I can find something they'll like at the store. This Mother's and Father's day I was struck with an idea.* Silhouettes!

*(meaning i totally saw this idea on many many o' craft site...)

I took pre-made canvases and covered them in nice fabric. My sister and I didn't have silhouettes from when we were younger. So I poured through our old photos and came up with some good side shots of myself. My sister on the other hand, she was ALWAYS facing the freakin camera. So I improvised a bit and made her nose her now-a-days nose. Softened it a bit, mixed her with another baby silhouette...

And tada! My sister and I are much different in age, but I wanted my sister to be a baby and myself to be three. Turned out pretty nice! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My sis and I put much thought into where the flowers were placed in whos head. It was difficult! ;)

    ReplyDelete