Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pasadena Bead and Design

I took as many classes with Christi Friesen as I possibly could. She's great! She is very open and magnanimous. Her ideas are shared freely and we are all encouraged to make pieces using her methods. To be so generous with my ideas and and creative self is something I aspire to.

This is from her Art Nouveau Blooms class. The bee was a generous gift from another class-goer who brought TONS of goodies, and didn't mind that I touch EVERYTHING. Soooo shinnneeey...

What was I saying? Oh yes! Christi gave a free class on nest making! CUUUTE! And there was another booth showing how to make donuts! I made this one with the Simpsons in mind... mmmm donuts... aaaghhhhh...


This is next group is from her Foundpunk Garden class. It's a cross between found items and steam punk and gardens. I of course took it one step beyond and also included color vomit. YES!

Piles of cwap. Soon to become....


A brilliant wall hanging. We also made molds with 2 part silicon mold making goo. The pics didn't turn out well. They just looked like blue blobs.


If you want to check out a workshop on youtube zip on over!

No comments:

Post a Comment