Sunday, April 4, 2010

What have I been doing?

Workin' on a new look.

Sooo.... I've given my jewelry a bit of umph. It's been a long time coming, I was missing something in my jewelry design. The pieces I made looked cool to me but weren't all they could be. Do you ever feel like that? Like there is a missing link in the chain of awesome? Well I sat back and thought about what exactly I wanted my pendants to look when they were actually on a person.

When I thought about stringing I panicked. Because I focus mainly on making the pendant, not finishing. As a designer (costume, jewelry, whatever) I tend to focus on the beginning of a project or a piece, get to the mid point of the project but finishing fizzles. This time finishing fizzled because I just didn't know what My Look was ultimately. Sigh.

But I started trying different chains, different arrangements and came up with this:

It's been a long time coming, but I finally feel like my look has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment